Septorhinoplasty is a surgical procedure where both the inside and outside of your nose will be changed. During this procedure, firstly any deviation of the septum inside the nose will be cleared. Next the outside appearance of your nose will also be changed to make it more appealing to the eye.
Do’s after Septorhinoplasty
After a septorhinoplasty, make sure to do the following:
- Make sure to walk, sit and stand in an erect and straight manner
- Always keep an ice pack below your eyes on your nose
- Do not hit the nose in any way
- Do not bend the nose in any direction
- Sleep on your back
- Keep your nasal area away from dust
- Take your medicine in time
- Make sure to clean your nose and keep it hygienic
Now let us take a look at the don’ts of this surgery.
Don’ts after Septorhinoplasty
- While recovering do not even touch alcohol and cigarettes
- For the first month after surgery, do not use your glasses or spectacles
- Make sure not to expose your nose to sunlight, until you recover completely
- Try not to lift heavy weights or any work which requires the use of strength and is strenuous
- Do not wear T-shirts (or any dress which has to be pulled out from the top of your head)
- Do not drive
- Try not to return to work for at least 2 weeks after the surgery
If you plan on undergoing a septorhinoplasty in the near future, then make sure to follow the above instructions. It will allow you to recover much faster.