If you are wondering if you can get a nose job without getting under the knife, then the answer is YES. The non-surgical rhinoplasty is one of the 3 types of rhinoplasties that can be done without doing any incisions of any kind to your nose. This type of rhinoplasty usually costs less than surgical rhinoplasties (closed rhinoplasty and open rhinoplasty) and it does not cause as much pain as other types of rhinoplasty can. Non-surgical rhinoplasty can be an aswer to those people who wish to get a nose job but do not want to go under the knife.
10 Things about Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty
- Desired effects of the non-surgical rhinoplasty will be apparent after several sessions. Every session is usually scheduled once every 4 weeks to 5 weeks.
- Each session will usually only last for 15 minutes. After your session, you can resume with your usual daily activities, but just be careful not to bump or put any pressure on your nose. This type of procedure is an out-patient procedure.
- Topical anesthesia (ointment) is only used in non-surgical rhinoplasty. The reason why topical anesthesia will be used is to numb the skin of your nose, so that you will not feel too much pain during injections.
- Mild bruising and swelling of your nasal tip or even your nose can happen, Applying a cold compress to relieve swelling post rhinoplasty can help. If symptoms persist even after 5 days, you need to see your doctor.
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty can’t do any major changes to your nose. It can only smooth out small contour irregularities, reduces bump appearances in the nose by filling it out, creates symmetry to the nose, and improve saddle profile.
- Effects of non-surgical rhinoplasty will only last for several months, depending on what type of fillers are being used. There are some fillers that can retain its results to the nose for up to one year.
- Fillers used during non-surgical rhinoplasty are dermal fillers, meaning, fillers are only up to the upper layers of the skin. Breathing through the nose will never be affected by non-surgical rhinoplasty.
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty is 8 to 10 times cheaper than any of the 2 surgical rhinoplasties. Budget is usually not a problem when it comes to non-surgical rhinoplasty.
- Deviated septum can’t be corrected by non-surgical rhinoplasty.
- Once dermal fillers disappear, your nose’s original appearance (prior to non-surgical rhinoplasty) will return to normal.