Surgery in general, no matter the type is costly. A deviated septum surgery is no different, depending on a number of factors, the cost of your surgery will range from 1500-3000$ (this is only the base charge!).
Factors Affecting the Cost of Deviated Septum Surgery
The many factors which affect the cost of septoplasty (deviated septum surgery) are:
- Severity: Based on how severely your septum is deviated, the cost of the surgery will differ. Generally greater the deviation, greater will be the cost of the surgery since very severe cases will require more surgery time, skill to repair.
- Doctor: The basic amount which most doctors will charge will range from 1500$-3000$. Based on the skill, reputation of the doctor the price will change.
- Hospital: It is a well known fact that surgeries will cost differently in different hospitals. The best hospitals, private practices will charge more than normal hospitals.
Total Cost of Septoplasty
The Total Cost of Septoplasty= Charge of the Doctor + Charge of the Hospital
Basically the above stated 1500$-3000$ is for the services, time of the doctor alone. Other than the doctor, you will also have to pay the hospital for their services such as:
- Anesthesiologist charges
- Charges for tests conducted
- Charges for the renting of the Operating Theatre
- Miscellaneous charges
The above factors will vary according to hospital, location. So when calculating the total cost of the deviated septum surgery, make sure to take into account both the doctors charge and the hospital charge.