This article will inform you about the cost of rhinoplasty and the risks involved in the surgery.
Rhinoplasty is a surgery wherein your nose will be sculpted to make it more aesthetically pleasing. If you suffer from a deviated septum due to trauma to your nose, chances are that your nose shape will also be a bit disfigured or even without trauma if you are not pleased with the shape of your nose and you want to change it then you have an option of combined septoplasty and rhinoplasty. While the septoplasty will cure your deviated septum, the rhinoplasty will make your nose more beautiful.
The cost of the surgery will change depending on the following factors:
- Reputation of surgeon
- Skill and experience of surgeon
- Selection of operating centre
- Hospital costs
- Type of surgery i.e. hard rhinoplasty or soft rhinoplasty (hard=surgery involving the bone, soft= surgery involving the
- If you are undergoing the surgery for the first time or a revision rhinoplasty
- After operation care
But a survey conducted by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, found that the average fee for a surgeon performing a rhinoplasty is 4493$. The cost indicated is the charge of the doctors alone; it does not include hospital fees etc.The real charges of the surgery will be up to 15000$ based on the above stated factors. This number does not include miscellaneous
expenses such as for travel, accommodation etc.
As with any surgery, there are certain risks involved. If you undergo this surgery, you expose yourself to the following rhinoplasty risks:
- Red Spots: If during surgery a small vein in your nose ruptures or breaks, it will cause small and permanent red coloured spots to appear on your nose.
- Scars: If your doctor utilizes an “open rhinoplasty” procedure then a small permanent scar will be present at the site where the incision is made.
- Revision: In some cases, the rhinoplasty may not work. In such cases, you may have to undergo a revision rhinoplasty to obtain better results or to correct the previous surgery (chances of this happening are 10%). This surgery is usually a minor one.
- Anaesthesia: Since general anaesthesia will be used during the surgery, you may suffer some side effects.
Now that you know the rhinoplasty costs and risks, you can make an informed decision on the surgery.