There are numerous medications and even surgical treatments that can totally get rid of sinus pressure or even prevent sinus pressure from ever developing again. However, there are simpler ways that can help in relieving sinus pressure, and one very simple way that can really be effective in relieving sinus pressure is through steam inhalation. Steam inhalation can help in loosening mucus congested in the sinuses that causes increase sinus pressure, and once mucus is loose, it will be very easy for mucus to be expectorated, thus relieving not only sinus pressure but also sinus congestion as well.
Steps in Performing Steam Inhalation:
There are steam inhalation machines that can be bought in pharmacies or even in drugstores that can easily be used to loosen sinus congestion and sinus pressure, however, you can still perform or use steam inhalation even if you do not have a steam inhalation machine, through using simple household materials. Follow these basic steps on how to perform using steam inhalation using household materials:
- Get a large pot or kettle then fill it with tap water. Bring the water to boil and then remove it from the stove.
- Pour hot water into a big basin on top of a stable table or counter.
- Entirely cover your face and head with a large and clean towel.
- Lean your face over the basin with hot water, and make sure you will not lean too close, as for your face not to get burned.
- As you lean your face towards the basin, inhale deeply through your nose, as for the moist warm air to reach as far as your sinuses as possible.
- Always make sure that you are going to breathe through your nose and if possible, hold your breath for up to 3 seconds to 5 seconds. Breathing through the nose can provide maximum sinus relief.
- Perform steam inhalation for at least 5 minutes to provide maximum relief. And you can do it 3 times in a single given day.
If you do not want to perform steam inhalation by yourself or at home, you can go to a professional steam bath that can be found in health clubs or even fitness spas. Getting a professional steam bath can ensure that you will get the right steam inhalation process and they will monitor you during the entire steam inhalation process.