Sinusitis is an infection and/or inflammation in the sinuses. There are several different types of sinusitis according to its cause, namely, bacterial sinusitis, viral sinusitis, and fungal sinusitis. In fungal sinusitis, just like the name suggests is a type of sinusitis that is caused by fungi infection. Not all fungi found in the environment are harmful to the body, when in fact, there are some fungi that co-exist in the natural balance with other microorganisms in the human body. If there is overgrowth of fungi elements in the body, especially in the sinuses, that is the only time that it can develop and turn into fungal sinusitis. There are numerous medications for fungal sinusitis and there are even natural remedies for fungal sinusitis that can help in relieving fungal sinusitis symptoms and even totally getting rid of the medical condition.
Natural Remedies for Fungal Sinusitis
As mentioned above, there are several natural remedies that can be done or followed to help in relieving fungal sinusitis symptoms or even totally getting rid of the said medical condition. Natural remedies of fungal sinusitis include but not limited to:
- Fresh Garlic – Fresh garlic can work wonders, since it is believed that it contains not just anti-fungal properties but also antibacterial properties as well. To use fresh garlic for fungal sinusitis, all you have to do is to chop fresh garlic and place the chopped garlic in a hot water and you will then inhale the steam vapor.
- Pineapple – Consuming fresh pineapple can possibly help in healing your sinusitis. It has been proven that pineapple contains bromelain that can help in breaking down mucus thus enabling drainage. Aside from breaking down mucus, bromelain is also believed to help in fighting infection.
- Olive Leaf and Goldenseal – both herbs have been proven to help in fighting not just bacterial infection in sinusitis, but also fungal infection in sinusitis.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – The apple cider vinegar will not help in getting rid of the fungal infection itself, but it can help in decreasing the production of mucus.
- Vitamin C – To help in increasing and strengthening one’s immune system, taking vitamin c supplements or eating fruits that are rich in vitamin C should be done. A strong immune system can help in fighting development of various medical condition, including sinusitis and it can also help in getting rid or treating sinusitis faster.